10 Best Homemade Hacks to Eliminate Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes can be a real nuisance, especially during the Spring and Summer months. If you're looking for a way to get rid of mosquitoes without using harsh chemicals or expensive pest control services, you're in luck! There are plenty of effective homemade hacks you can try.
In this article, we'll share 10 of the best homemade hacks to eliminate mosquitoes.
- Use a homemade mosquito repellent - Mix water, witch hazel, and essential oils like citronella, peppermint, and lavender to make a natural mosquito repellent.
- Burn citronella candles - Burning citronella candles can help repel mosquitoes. The Coleman Scented Outdoor Citronella Candle is my personal favorite and is inexpensive.
- Use a mosquito trap - Make a simple mosquito trap by combining sugar, water, and yeast in a plastic bottle.
- Use a homemade mosquito spray - Mix water, vodka, and essential oils to make a DIY mosquito spray.
- Use garlic - Mosquitoes are repelled by the scent of garlic, so try adding it to your meals or making a garlic spray to use around your home.
- Use a homemade mosquito net - Create a DIY mosquito net using some fabric and a few basic sewing skills.
- Use a homemade mosquito coil - Mix sawdust, powdered charcoal, and water to create a homemade mosquito coil.
- Plant mosquito-repelling plants - Plants like citronella, lemongrass, and marigolds can help keep mosquitoes away.
- Use a homemade mosquito-repelling lotion - Mix coconut oil and essential oils like lavender and peppermint to make a homemade mosquito-repelling lotion.
- Use a homemade mosquito-repelling diffuser - Mix water and essential oils in a diffuser to create a homemade mosquito-repelling aroma.