2022 Prime Membership Price Increase
As a part of their fourth-quarter earnings results, Amazon announced that they are raising the price of their popular Prime membership. The price will change from $119 to $139 annually and $12.99 to $14.99 monthly. The price for a student membership will also rise from $6.49 to $7.50 a month. The last time we saw an increase their membership price was back in 2018.
New Prime members will see the price increase on February 18 while current Prime members will be charged with the new rate after March 25. If you are considering getting a Prime subscription then now is the time to do it before the 18th. The company’s reasoning for raising their fees includes higher-budget shows/movies available on Prime Video and an exclusive 10-year license for NFL Thursday Night Football.
Are you interested in what Prime has to offer? Well here is a list of all the benefits you can receive by signing up for Amazon Prime now:
- Free 2-day and same-day shipping
- Free grocery delivery with Amazon Fresh
- Free Household items delivery in 2 hours or less with Prime Now
- Discounts at Whole Foods
- Early Access to Prime Day Deals
- Access to free streaming of movies & TV shows with Prime Video
- Access to free music streaming with Amazon music
- Access to free books & magazines with Prime Reading
- Access to unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos
Discounts, promo codes, and prices are subject to change at any moment. #ad