This post may contain affiliate links which means we may receive a small commission. Read our full disclosure here.
Making Chores & Laundry Fun for Kids: Tips & Tricks to Make Cleaning Fun
Laundry is one of those household chores that no one likes to do, but it's a necessary part of life. However, involving your kids in the process can make it a lot more fun for everyone. Here are some fun ways to involve kids with laundry:
- Make it a Sorting Game: Kids love to sort things, so make laundry sorting a game. Set up three baskets labeled "lights," "darks," and "colors," and challenge your kids to sort the clothes into the right basket. You can make it even more challenging by setting a timer.
- Play a Memory Game: Another fun laundry game is to play a memory game with the clothes. Lay out a bunch of clothes on the floor and give your child a minute to memorize them. Then, cover the clothes with a sheet and see how many they can remember.
- Sing Songs: Singing songs while doing laundry can make the time fly by. You can create a playlist of your child's favorite songs and sing along while folding clothes or hanging them up to dry.
- Make it a Race: Set up two laundry baskets and have your kids race to see who can fold their clothes the fastest. This is a great way to get your kids moving and to make laundry more fun.
- Have a Scavenger Hunt: Hide a few laundry items around the house, such as a sock, a shirt, or a towel, and have your kids search for them. This is a fun way to make laundry more interactive and to get your kids excited about finding the missing items.
- Create a Chore Chart: Creating a chore chart can make laundry more organized and give your kids a sense of responsibility. Let them choose which chores they want to do, and reward them with stickers or a treat once they complete their tasks.
It personally was a struggle to involve my children in helping with laundry until I found these useful tips. Involving your kids with laundry can make the chore less of a burden and more of a fun activity. Try out these ideas and see which ones work best for your family. Remember to keep it light and fun, and you'll be surprised at how quickly your kids will become laundry helpers.
Don't forget to visit our homepage to see todays top tips, deals and promo codes.